Overview of Services
Oral Cancer Screening
Your General Dentist in Richmond, BC
Moncton Dental has been serving the need for a dentist in Richmond, BC for all ages for over 30 years at our Steveston dental clinic. At Moncton Dental, we’re committed to providing the most comprehensive and comfortable treatment, regardless of whether you’re coming in for
Our cosmetic, preventative and restorative dental services include:
- Comprehensive oral examinations
- Oral cancer screening
- Periodontal (gum) examinations and treatment
- Digital dentistry
- Oral sedation
- Emergency treatments
- Professional cleaning
- Restorations, including tooth-coloured options
- Root canals
- Dental sealants
- Smile makeovers
At our dental clinic, patients experiencing a dental emergency will be seen that day. We offer early morning, evening and Saturday appointments. Here are some helpful tips during a dental emergency:
- Toothache: Avoid placing an aspirin between your tooth and gum to relieve pain. The dissolving aspirin can actually harm your gum tissue.
- A knocked-out tooth: Hold tooth by the crown, not the root. Rinse tooth with clean water if dirty. Rinse the mouth of any blood or debris and place tooth back in the socket. See a dentist right away. If the tooth cannot be placed in the socket, put it in warm milk or store it in a pool of your own saliva.
Oral Cancer Screening
We are equipped with the latest technology in oral cancer screening – the VELscope. This device emits a safe, visible, blue light into the oral cavity, which excites mucosal tissue and causes it to fluoresce. Abnormal tissue stands out against the otherwise normal fluorescence patterns of surrounding healthy tissue.
- Oral cancer has three times as many victims as cervical cancer
- The incidence of oral cancer is growing
- The biggest growth in oral cancer is among non-smokers
- The HPV16 virus is responsible for a jump in oral cancer cases among young men and women, changing the demographic typically associated with this disease
At Moncton Dental, your oral health is our priority. That’s why we strive to be sympathetic and considerate of all our patients. We understand the stress and anxiety that can go along with dental treatment. If unease has caused a barrier to your oral health, we can help. We offer oral sedation treatment – it’s as simple as taking a pill. Sedation causes drowsiness and will make you less aware of the time passing by. If you have had negative experiences in the past, or you find that dental treatment makes you anxious, book an appointment with us. We always try our best to be as gentle and respectful to our patients as possible.
Dental Anxiety? Your Comfort is Our Priority
At Moncton Dental, we never rush our treatments or procedures. We will always take the time to communicate everything we will be doing with you, and we always ensure freezing is complete before beginning a procedure. We also provide relaxing music and we empower our patients to end a procedure by simply lifting a finger. So, if you’re looking to book a cleaning or you’re in the market for a smile makeover, or anything in between – call Moncton Dental today!